This is a super easy basic recipe for something to do with pork medallions or pork loin chops, this has been my favourite dish since I was uber young. It is like a mustard pork pizza with bite 🙂 I cook it at least once a month. In continuing to bring over my old recipes from the now redundant site I realised I HAD TO GET THIS ONE OVER. This is must cook – goes perfectly with some mash spuds and whatever veggies you want, and I do highly recommend wine, any will do – everything is better with wine 🙂 Enjoy!
ORIGINAL POST FROM NOVEMBER 2009
This is one of my childhood favourites – my mum found the recipe when I was a little tacker or made it up herself and I got so depressed when I was living out of home for the first time by myself that I would only get to eat it a few times a year whenever I stayed with her and Mike. But not to be a moper – I created my own version and I cooked it for mum a few months back and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
It is no gourmet nightmare to cook and is just a great addition to pork chops really. I use pork loin chops when I make it. You will probably have most of the ingredients in the house for the sauce and will only require the pork itself.
YOU WILL NEED:
* 2 pork loin chops per guest or one for a small eater
* 1tsp of mustard powder or mustard of choice per 2 pork loin chops
* 1TBSP of tomato sauce or ketchup per 2 pork loin chops
* 2TBSP of finely grated cheddar cheese per 2 pork loin chops
* your veggies of choice or a nice salad for summer
YOU WILL NEED TO:
* get the griller prepped and on while sitting the grilling tray on the middle shelf
* fry the pork chops in a frying pan in a bit of olive oil. As a healthier alternative to frying you could grill the chops
* while the pork is frying mix in a bowl the cheese, the mustard and the tomato sauce – mix it thoroughly
* Once the pork is fried place the chops on the griller and cover in the cheese mustard sauce
* grill until it is sizzling and a few brown spots are appearing in the cheese
* serve with your fave veggies and enjoy the yumminess!!