For times when you are poor (me basically two weeks of every month). What do you do in the state of brokeness while considering options of selling yourself on the corner or selling your vinyl collection? Skip paleo? Eat spiralled zucchinis with pasata, garlic and pepper? Revert to two minute noodles? I do miss the Mi Goreng occasionally 🙂 Well, hear me raw paleo students living on a shoestring, or 40+ peeps with no money to their name trying to afford Sydney rent! These Uber cheap PALEO CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS are for you. You should have these cheap herbs already in the kitchen!! If not, buy them, they are staples for poor people steaks, or horrible (but awesome smelling) curry aromatic slow cooking!! Enjoy the yummy cheapness.
YOU WILL NEED:
10 chicken drumsticks
1 Tablespoons cracked sea salt
3 Tablespoons curry powder (read the labels – go for the most paleo you can find)
3 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 Teaspoon chilli flakes or piri piri
2 Teaspoons of cracked pepper
½ Tablespoon of coconut oil for greasing baking tray (optional)
YOU WILL NEED TO:
1) Preheat oven to 230C (450F).
2) Grease a large baking tray with coconut oil. I use the spray and give it a good covering. Use grass-fed butter if no coconut oil.
3) Mix the salt, pepper, chilli, curry powder, and garlic powder together in a large bowl.
4) Make sure the drumsticks are not too wet (otherwise no crispy for you!), dry with paper towels.
5) Put the drumsticks in the bowl with the herb mixture and use your hands to fondle them and ensure they are covered.
6) Place on the baking tray, ensuring they are not touching.
7) Bake for 40 minutes.
8) Serve however you like, I served them on a bed of mixed green leaves and kept seven for lunches and snacks.
9) Suits any wine but if you’re a student then NOTHING BUT GOON 🙂