I am continuing my transfer of 400 articles, one at a time, from the old site. I am thinking of making these tomorrow if I am not called out on a work emergency. They are delightful, easy, affordable, not from a packet, sweet and so delicious you will not want to share.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE FROM NOVEMBER 16, 2009 – DELETING FROM OLD SITE
I am getting so bored staying in with this flu and in constant want of chocolate for self sympathising that I made some of these yummy muffins this morning. They are absolutely mouth watering and will change your world, they also stopped me from eating all the nutella out of a jar with a spoon.
It is very easy, very affordable and will be loved by anyone who puts their mouth to them from kids to grannies, expect much gratitude. To make this I have actually tweaked a very old Woman’s Weekly recipe from about 15yrs ago.
You will need:
* 2.5 cups (375gms) self raising flour
* 0.5 tsp bicarb soda
* 0.25 cup cocoa powder (I used 0.33cup of milo instead, leftover from banana milo loaf from a few weeks ago)
* 0.5 cup (100gms) firmly packed brown sugar
* 125 gms of butter, melted (or left out of the fridge overnight)
* 2 lightly beaten eggs
* 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
* 1 cup (250ml) Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
You will need to:
* Grease a 12 whole muffin pan lightly
* Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl
* Stir in butter, eggs and buttermilk
* Spoon 1/2 the mixture into the prepared muffin pan
* Top this mixture with one TBSP of Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
* Top with remaining muffin mixture
* Bake at 170degrees (Celsius) for about 20min
* Check with a skewer and don’t be fooled by oozing Nutella inside
* Leave for 15min to cool in pan
* Remove and EAT THEM ALL – DO NOT SHARE….. MY PRECIOUS….. OR THEY WILL BE STOLEN BY FILTHY HOBBITSES