Here is a recipe from a meal I cooked once back in October 2009, absolutely loved, wrote about and then forgot about – shame on me, I blame the fact it would appear I was really sick that week. I am loving finding all these old recipes while transferring them to the new site and I do hope you enjoy me sharing with you.
FROM OCT 28 2009.
Apologies I have not posted in over a week – I have been battling a horrendous chest infection that has had me coughing and spluttering and going between work and the dooner. I just can’t shake this satanic virus.
It was great having the parentals here for a few days to feed me but tough sleeping on my fold out and not recuperating in my own bed.
I did manage to cook them a dinner on Sunday night with the financial assistance of my mum in obtaining the ingredients.
This one is healthy and loosely based on a recipe from the Biggest Loser Best Recipes cookbook.
YOU WILL NEED:
* 1 and 1/2 cups of Arborio Rice
* 1 leek thinly sliced
* 1 TBLS thyme leaves
* 3 cups of HOT chicken stock
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 2 skinelss chicken breasts. sliced thinly
* 300gms of button mushrooms
* 2 TBLS of parmessan cheese
* 1tsp of piri piri
YOU WILL NEED TO:
* Preheat oven to 180C
* Combine the rice, leek and thyme in a 3Lr baking dish. Pour on the HOT stock and stir. Cover with foil and bake for about 40min, until the rice is tender – do not make my mistake and serve it slightly crunchy Soz folks
* Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 5mins or until cooked through
* Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5mins
* Add to the risotto with the grated parmessan and piri piri and mix well
* Cover with foil and allow to sit and absorb for 5mins
* Serve with a nice glass of red or white and enjoy.