Yo yo yo my Melbourne Spooners – it is your lucky day! The fine folks at Red Agency have offered us 2x double passes to giveaway so you can attend the prestigious Melbourne Good Food and Wine Show, something I will be visiting when it gets to Sydney. This gourmet event of delectable delights and chefs galore, masterclasses and everything basically food and wine, will be happening in Melbourne from June 5th to 8th. These are tickets you want to get your hands on!
Melbourne Good Food & Wine Show attendees will get the chance to see hugely popular UK chef Ainsley Harriott close up as he passes on handy hints and tips during his live cooking demonstrations.
Harriott has made a name for himself as a best-selling author and television personality, and has written 12 food books – making him the perfect fit for Australia’s largest foodie event.
Foodies will have the opportunity to learn firsthand from Harriott as he delivers his unique approach for recreating his renowned meals at home.
Harriott will be at the 4-day Melbourne event from 5-8 June where he’ll join local favourites Miguel Maestre and Alastair McLeod – both back for another year to set foodies on the right path to experiencing 2015’s flavours, fragrances and fresh finds.
Event Director of the shows, Louise Osborne, says it is fantastic to have such a high-profile chef and personality as part of the show.
“Ainsley is immensely popular and we look forward to him coming to Australia to not only help us promote the shows but also to do some demonstrations in new and novel ways.
“There are very few people who are known by their first name only – and in chef terms everyone knows who Ainsley is, we can’t wait to have him on stage to teach us a little of his magic”.
Ms Osborne said this year’s Good Food & Wine Show program has been designed to get people thinking about how and why they use certain ingredients, not just the things they stock their pantry with.
“Showcasing the diversity of the food and wine culture in Australia – from family-run businesses to established artisan companies, our best local and interstate chefs and restaurateurs, and mouth-watering national and international street food, there’s no doubt that anyone coming through the doors this year will be set for some fun.
“What’s more, we are excited to announce that this year’s program will not only be about giving visitors onsite experiences as we’ll be taking elements of the program to the streets of each state to ensure no one misses out!”
Melbourne will enjoy the following chefs:
- Adam Liaw – Instantly recognisable with his warm smile and topknot, Adam is a much-loved cook, TV presenter on SBS, writer and winner of MasterChef Australia’s hugely popular second season.
- Ainsley Harriott – After 20 years as one of the UK’s favourite TV chefs, Harriott is something of an institution. An internationally best-selling author, host of the long-running Read Steady Cook and numerous other TV specials, he is the master of fresh, fun, accessible cuisine.
- Frank Camorra – A Melbourne favourite, Barcelona-born Camorra is chef and co-owner of MoVida Sydney and Melbourne’s MoVida Bar De Tapas. He is also the award-winning author of four highly-regarded
- Hayden McFarland- Committed to balancing the beautiful traditions of fine-dining with a modern sense of adventure, McFarland and his co-sous chef Thomas Woods took over the iconic restaurant Woodland House after working with culinary legend Jacques Reymond. Working with classic flavour profiles and techniques, he is known for his elegant style and commitment to customer experience.
- Joe Grbac – Raised in Melbourne with 11 brothers and sisters, food has played an integral part in Grbac’s life. Heading to London 2002, he cooked at Michelin star restaurants such as Gordon Ramsey’s Hospital Road and came under the tutelage of Philip Howard at The Square. Grbac owns and operates his own restaurant in partnership with Scott Pickett – Saint Crispin.
- Miguel Maestre – Popular Spanish food host of The Living Room, Miguels Feast, Miguels Tropical Kitchens and Boys weekend at Channel 10 and the LifeStyle Food Channel.
- Sarah Wilson – Sarah is a New York Times best-selling author and blogger whose journalism career has spanned 20 years. Wilson is the former host of the first series of MasterChef Australia and author of the best-selling series of cookbooks from I Quit Sugar.com.
- Sammy & Bella – 2011 MKR winners, passionate home cooking experts for the LifeStyle Food Channel, resident foodies on Channel 7’s The Morning Show and owners of Sammy’s Burger Bar and Bella’s Feast.
- Silvia Colloca – Italian born food lover, Silvia Colloca, has made a name for herself cooking delicious recipes that have been passed down her family for generations. Cooking traditional, authentic and mostly simple recipes, Silvia is a popular blogger, author of Silvia’s Cucina and has starred in a television series Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca on SBS.
That line up is amazing – I hope we get most of them to Sydney!!!
Dates for the rest of the states hosting THE GOOD FOOD AND WINE SHOW:
· Melbourne (5-8 June)
· Perth (10-12 July)
· Sydney (7-9 August)
· Brisbane (30 Oct-1 Nov)
Best of luck in entering the competition – find out how to win below – all the best……JK.
With special thanks to the Good Food and Wine Show and the peeps at RED AGENCY to win one of the 2X tickets to Melbourne’s Good Food and Wine Show you need to either like and share/ retweet this post on Facebook/Twitter/ Google+/ Pinterest/ LinkedIn/ Flipboard or Instagram (all the links to follow us are on the top right of homepage), you then need to leave a comment below stating the answer/s to the following questions:
Who is your all time favourite chef and why? And if you could meet her/him what would you want them to cook you?
If you do not have social media then get with the times – you can still enter, leave your entry below and email me at email@example.com telling me you don’t have social media (you still need to enter on the website).
It is a game of skill and selected purely on the thoughts of the judges.
The prizes will be drawn on or after after May 15th! Good luck! Oh, and minor housekeeping – huge apologies for overseas readers, this competition is only available to Australian residents, particularly residents of Victoria who can attend the event.
***Photos from the Good Food and Wine Show website and picture of Ainsley Harriott from Google Images – if you own the photos and would prefer them removed or credited please advise at firstname.lastname@example.org***